
For my company I’m going to use my family’s business. I know, I know- where’s the creativity? Well, I’m hoping that I’ll be able to apply some creative ideas from class to the business.
Here’s a little background:
We have been opening to the public on Black Friday for the past 12 years selling under-priced clothing items. The primary business is selling clothing in mass quantities to retail stores. We carry many brands, some of which I’m sure you’re all familiar with: Banana Republic? Michael Stars? J. Crew? Columbia?
There are more brands than that, but I’m sure you get the picture. Anyways, in 2006, we made the decision to become a full-time retail store. The store name is UnderCurrents, which came from the phrase: “Under Priced Current Styles”. After opening, we were approached by Marden’s of Maine to create a partnership. Marden’s carries everything. No, I’m not exaggerating. From clothing, to furniture, to electronics, they carry a really diverse collection of goods.
Today the store is located in Dover, NH. We recently moved to a warehouse space that was a little smaller in the same building to save money. Our store continues to hold a really diverse group of goods at wholesale prices, which I think leaves the potential for some creative PR and Marketing in today's struggling economy.

No comments:
Post a Comment